VISUALISATION TIPS AND TOOLS
Updated: Feb 19
This weeks podcast was all about Visualisation so I wanted to continue the theme and give you some tips and tools to help you with your visualisation!
How to Use the Power of Your Mind
There are two types of visualization, each of which serves a distinct purpose, but for greatest effect, they should be used together.
1. The first method is outcome visualization and involves envisioning yourself achieving your goal. To do this, create a detailed mental image of the desired outcome using all of your senses.
2. The second type of visualization is process visualization. It involves envisioning each of the actions necessary to achieve the outcome you want. Focus on completing each of the steps you need to achieve your goal, but not on the overall goal itself.
Start imagining your life the way you want it. Create a picture in your mind and think about that picture steadfastly all day long. Believe in it.
You don't have to tell anybody. Have your own quiet confidence that you can make the picture in your mind come true.
You will start making different choices in line with your picture. You will take small steps in the right direction.
You'll also encounter obstacles. Don't let these obstacles stop you. If you hold your picture of the life you want steadfast in your mind, you will eventually create that life.
Tools to assist with visualisation:
1. Vision Board- a visual representations of your aims and goals for you to look at daily
2. Daily Affirmations- a simple statement that reshapes your beliefs and helps you move towards your life goals
3. Gratitude practice- write down everything that you are grateful for that day
4. Meditation- When you meditate, you will be fully present in that moment, you can truly focus on yourself and your goals and aspirations.